Chuck’s life mission is “to solve others’ gardening dilemmas.” He offers a variety of gardening and orchid related services (see full descriptions below).
Chuck is available for in home visits in the San Diego area. Online consultations are in the works!
Select which service you are requiring and fill out the questionnaire at the bottom of this page. Chuck will then contact you to schedule a meeting.
IN HOME GARDENING / LANDSCAPING CONSULTATION
Chuck will walk with you around you property while discussing your gardening goals and aspirations as well as your garden’s / landscape’s needs. He will take notes and write down plant names, products, and remedies discussed. At the end of the consultation, Chuck will review his notes with you, which you keep. Chuck will come to your home and assist you with:
- General gardening / landscaping consultation
- Edible landscapes, vegetable / herb gardening, and fruit tree care / pruning
- Identifying the plants on your property
- Creating plant lists for unique spaces and situations
- Diagnosing plant problems
- Indoor plants
- Container gardening
- Growing medical marijuana
Chuck offers many orchid related services. He will come to your home and:
- Provide a general orchid consultation
- Diagnose orchid problems
- Identify your orchids
- Repot and clean your orchids
- Provide regular and ongoing care for your orchids
- Offer personalized orchid mentoring
- Work with you and show you how to repot your orchids, proper watering for your orchids, proper placement of your orchid
CLASSES, SEMINARS and WORKSHOPS
Chuck is a popular speaker and gardening instructor for garden clubs, nurseries and garden centers, community gardens, and more. His classes are engaging, intriguing, interactive, and sprinkled with bits of humor. Chuck’s diverse background enables him to lead your group on a wide variety of topics:
- Basic Fruit Tree Pruning
- Basic Vegetable Garden Design
- Botany for Kids
- Botany for Gardeners
- Combining Color and Texture in Your Garden and Landscape
- Combining Color and Texture in Containers
- Container Gardening Basics
- Creating Healthy Soil
- Creating Tropical Gardens
- Cymbidium Orchid Care
- Edible Landscapes
- Fantastic Fragrant Foliage
- Fragrance Gardens
- Fruit Forests
- Gardening with Indoor Plants
- Growing Edibles in Containers
- Growing, Harvesting, Drying, and Storing Herbs
- Growing Orchids as Houseplants
- Growing and Harvesting Tomatoes Year Round!
- Hanging Victorian Moss Baskets
- Helpful Houseplant Hints
- Herb Gardening
- How Orchids Rebloom!
- Integrating Edibles with Existing Landscapes
- Landscape Design Basics
- Lavender Wand Making Workshop
- Lovely Lavender!
- Make a Succulent Pizza!
- Orchid Repotting Demonstration / Workshop
- Raised Bed Vegetable Gardening
- Repotting & Dividing Orchids – demonstration and/or workshop
- Seed Starting Basics
- A Shade Garden Oasis
- Small Space Gardening
- Terrific Tomato Tips
- The Square Foot Gardening Method
- Vegetable Gardening Basics
For classes and workshops Chuck provides handouts with an outline of the class and a topic-relevant plant list. Chuck also typically brings plants and gardening accessories available for sale to your group. Save gas on your plant shopping!
Chuck loves to show others how to grow their own food and provides classes FREE OF CHARGE for San Diego community gardens.
For consultations, services and work Chuck charges $70.00/hour for a one hour visit and $40.00/hour thereafter for each additional hour. Charges for classes and workshops are individually based, starting at $150.00-300.00.